The App store continues to dominate the smartphone market, but Google Play and Windows are making a nice dent. However with 3 different options there still isn’t a great offering for medieval apps. 2014 saw a few games released for smartphones and unfortunately no outstanding educational or reference medieval apps.
Below is a break down of a few of the games released for iDevices, Windows Phone, Andriods and Game Consoles. From LEGO to zombies to Game of Thrones and an old favorite made new again, but only on the Windows platform.
- Lego Minifigures Online Medieval World
- Rival Knights: A combat game for iOS (Download from the )
- Plants vs Zombies 2: Dark Ages (Download from the
- Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: Released for the Xbox in 2014
- Age of Empires: Castle Siege: The classic is back! But in a money losing move it’s only available for Windows 8 and Windows Smartphones.
- Game of Thrones: Iron from Ice: Finally there is a Game of Thrones game that is worth playing. Licensed by HBO ‘Iron from Ice’ features the likeness and voices of actors from the HBO series. (Download it from the )
What are your favorite medieval games or apps of 2012? Share them below in the comments, on the Medieval Archives twitter feed, or on the Medieval Archives Facebook page.
[simple_series title=”2014 Medieval Year in Review”]