Ridley Scott’s take on the classic medieval hero will charge onto Blu-ray this September!
In an early announcement to retailers, Universal has set ‘Robin Hood: Director’s Cut’ for Blu-ray release on September 21.
The film stars Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, and Mark Strong and the release will be the Unrated Director’s Cut featuring fifteen minutes of new footage not seen in theaters.
The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and bonus features will include:
- Deleted Scenes
- Commentary by Editor Pietro Scalia
- Rise and Rise Again: Making Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood
- Director’s Notebook – A seamless multimedia experience focusing on the director’s vision gives viewers a peek inside Oscar nominee Ridley Scott’s unique filmmaking process. Incorporating behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Scott and his trusted inner circle of collaborators, this feature launches at critical moments throughout the film to illuminate the task of mounting a vast production like Robin Hood.
- The Art of Nottingham – A special look at the portfolio of designs generated for the film, including video introductions by key department heads such as production designer Arthur Max and costume designer Janty Yates. Galleries of concept art, costume designs, storyboards and other imagery are featured.
- My Scenes (Blu-Ray only)
- Pocket Blu (Blu-Ray only)
- BD-Live connectivity (Blu-Ray only)
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is still undetermined at this time.
Source: High-Def Digest